Sunday, January 27, 2013

Week 5, Project 52: Reflections

The fun thing about Project 52 is that as the "creator" I can choose what I want to post as long as it falls in the category of the topic covered for that particular week.
When I came up with ideas of what I wanted to post, I tried to think of things that would be fun to do. When I thought of  the topic Reflections, I had intended to take a picture of my self in some sort of reflective surface.

Then I got another idea......    I decided to post some photos reflecting my childhood. These are precious memories to me and I hope you enjoy the photos. I would not trade growing up with my sister for anything.



From left to right Amy (cousin), Meredith (sister), Me, and Sarah (cousin)
This was at my Grandmothers house in Statesville. It was the Spring of 1982, I believe. This was Easter Sunday.
 photo DSC_0506_zpsa2aecdd1.jpg



This is my sister and I. Also, Easter Sunday. This was taken at my Aunt's house in Denver, NC. I believe this was 1983.
 photo DSC_0488_zps0a0abaf0.jpg



I will never forget this trip....not because I loved it! Haha!  Camping at the beach is not really all that fun. It's hot and you can't get rid of the sand. From Left to right, Abby, Me, My sister, Jill, Kim, and Adam. I was 11 so this was 1989.
 photo DSC_0487_zpse17b7b83.jpg



This one makes me laugh. This was our first house and my sister and loved to play outside. I don't remember the names of the cats we are holding but I think my sister is holding Buttercup. Although I look naked, I am actually wearing underwear. We played outside like that all the time. I'm guessing this was the summer of 1980.

 photo DSC_0478_zps2abfc7fa.jpg



I LOVE this one! This is me and my sister Christmas Eve 1987ish at my Maw-maws house. I thought it would be cool to pose with a bunch of candy canes. I was wrong.

 photo DSC_0476_zpsf6380b8c.jpg




This is a memory that I thought was long gone! This was my Aunt's room at my Mawmaw's house. It's funny how you can look back at a certain time in your life and not realize at the time how things really are. I vaguely remember when my Aunt still lived there but I remember that Unicorn! My sister and I look super cool, don't we?
 photo DSC_0471-1_zps3f129893.jpg




A birthday I will never forget!! I was 7 and I had my party at the skating rink! I was actually wearing skates in this shot, but you can't tell.
 photo DSC_0446_zps3b008c54.jpg


Disney World!!! I *think* this was the summer of 1981. It was sooooooo hot!!! I remember after this shot that my mama took us into the bathroom, and took our dresses off and ran cold water over them and then we put them back on.
 photo DSC_0432_zpsf0827f99.jpg

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorit one is the one with you in your blue dress you are sooo cute lol...