Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 3: Black & White

This weeks theme for Project 52 is Black & White.

I love the feel a black & white photo portrays. It can make you feel emotion, give you a sense of time, define the contrast of a photo.....so many things.

For this week, I chose a photo that I took yesterday. When I look at this photo it makes me sad. I imagine what it must have been like to walk through the backyard,then maybe through a fence, and into the barn. Possibly to get food for the animals or a tractor to plow the land. I get sad because it seems that most people have forgotten about this piece of land and what it meant to someone. It was once a lovely spot where a two story farmhouse stood. It will soon be torn down and more than likely a gas station or bank will be built in its place.

When you look at this photo, try to imagine what it was like when this farm was at it's prime.....






Photobucket