Sunday, December 13, 2009

Emily : Mega Post!!!!

I was soooo excited when Emily suggested we go to Old Salem for her bridal photos. I remembered going there when I was in Elementary School and thinking it was super cool. I love the buildings and the Colonial atmosphere is something you can't explain. It's not only a great place for a photo session, but it's a great day trip for the family!



It was a FANTASTIC day for photos!!!! It wasn't too hot, and it wasn't too cold. And the sun was hidden behind just the right ammount of clouds. But it didn't last too long...


Photobucket



The bridge that connects the Welcome Center to Old Salem is fantastic!!!


Photobucket


As soon as we were out of the bridge it felt like I had stepped into a different world. The area was so old looking, yet so well preserved. Every where I looked I saw fantastic buildings with awesome color schemes, neat walkways with old bricks....it was a photographer's dream!!!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Since Old Salem is a public place (and some people still live there!), there were people that sometimes got in the shot. This is what Emily did to pass the time.....


Photobucket



Photobucket



Emily is breath taking!!!

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



There is just something about this shot that I LOVE!!!


Photobucket


I spotted a really pretty grassy spot to our left so we headed over there. We laid out some plastic because it had been raining the week before and the ground was still wet. Once we got her situated and I got in palce, it started to rain....the big fat kind of rain drops!!!! I snapped a few quick shots and we headed for the nearest shelter.


Photobucket



We came to this pretty building and we went up on the porch. We realized it was open so I decided to take advantage of the rain by using the inside of the building.


Photobucket

When we got done we went out back to the HUGE barn. Then it started to rain again!!


Photobucket


Photobucket



It finally cleared up and we didn't have to worry about shelter in a hurry!


Photobucket



This is one of my favorites!!!!


Photobucket


Isn't she gorgeous!???! Uh...YES!!!!!!

Photobucket



I love it when I go from one sunny spot to a not so sunny spot and have to do a lighting check....this is what you end up with!! LOVE IT!!

Photobucket


Ok....the real shot :-)

Photobucket


Photobucket

0 comments: